I just listened to the most recent episode of EdPod, ABC Radio National’s monthly roundup of education issues. In the current episode, interviewer Natasha Mitchell and corporate lawyer David Gillespie discuss the question: “does money buy a better quality education?” Gillespie, father of six, decides to select public education for his six children, having worked out that it would cost him over a million dollars to send all six children to private schools.
Topics I find interesting:1-1 audacity blogging Board of Studies catholicism cloud computing collaboration collaborative writing control courseware creativity critical literacy digital citizenship ELH email addresses English free GarageBand Google Google Apps Google Docs google reader government gratis groups Gruen Transfer hip-hop HSC iMovie internet ipads iphone junior english libre Linux literacy mash-up meta-textuality metacognition mobiles Modle Moodle multitrack recording music NAPLAN netbooks NewTechNetwork open source PBL performance PhD poetry Radiohead reading research review RSS scaffold Scalability school communication school data schools slam spirituality Standard English teaching thought of the week Twitter ubuntu ubuntu studio video web 2.0 web cams wikipedia wikispace
- "New Study Shows the Impact of PBL on Student Achievement" edutopia.org/article/new-st… 2 days ago
- mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-2… 3 days ago
- "Owl Eyes - Guide Students Through Classic Literature" freetech4teachers.com/2017/06/owl-ey… #MQEnglishTeachers 3 days ago
- theguardian.com/education/2017… 4 days ago
- Reflections on International Mobile Learning Festival #IMLF2017 michaelstevenson.net.au/index.php/2017… 6 days ago