They are respectful and protective of themselves and other people as well as intellectual property. They are proactive and intolerant of abuse, standing up for the rights of freedom of expression and communication while condemning excesses and bullying. They communicate fluently in different mediums and operate in a world without borders or censors. They understand and celebrate the cultural differences and subtleties that flavour the diverse world they live. It is a world potentially without restrictions except for the moral and ethical values that underpin their immersion, shape their interactions, and guide their decisions.
Topics I find interesting:1-1 audacity blogging Board of Studies catholicism cloud computing collaboration collaborative writing control courseware creativity critical literacy digital citizenship ELH email addresses English free GarageBand Google Google Apps Google Docs google reader government gratis groups Gruen Transfer hip-hop HSC iMovie internet ipads iphone junior english libre Linux literacy mash-up meta-textuality metacognition mobiles Modle Moodle multitrack recording music NAPLAN netbooks NewTechNetwork open source PBL performance PhD poetry Radiohead reading research review RSS scaffold Scalability school communication school data schools slam spirituality Standard English teaching thought of the week Twitter ubuntu ubuntu studio video web 2.0 web cams wikipedia wikispace
- Had an awesome time working with talented Stage 6 teachers for beta.dec.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/… @FuturesLearning !! 2 days ago
- Business Insider: 21 common grammar mistakes and how to avoid them. google.com/newsstand/s/CB… #MQEnglishTeachers 3 days ago
- ABC News: Boys-only ballet beats football for 8yo with cerebral palsy. google.com/newsstand/s/CB… 6 days ago
- RT @smh: Australia's internet connection speeds are now slower than 50 other nations ow.ly/7o9B309UVdl 2 weeks ago
- VICE: Inside a Mental Health Center Aimed Exclusively at Musicians. google.com/newsstand/s/CB… #Mentalhealth #music 2 weeks ago