They are respectful and protective of themselves and other people as well as intellectual property. They are proactive and intolerant of abuse, standing up for the rights of freedom of expression and communication while condemning excesses and bullying. They communicate fluently in different mediums and operate in a world without borders or censors. They understand and celebrate the cultural differences and subtleties that flavour the diverse world they live. It is a world potentially without restrictions except for the moral and ethical values that underpin their immersion, shape their interactions, and guide their decisions.
Topics I find interesting:1-1 audacity banners blogging Board of Studies catholicism cloud computing collaboration collaborative writing control courseware creativity critical literacy digital citizenship ELH email addresses English free GarageBand Google Google Apps Google Docs google reader government gratis groups Gruen Transfer hip-hop HSC iMovie internet ipads iphone junior english libre Linux literacy mash-up meta-textuality metacognition mobiles Modle Moodle multitrack recording music NAPLAN netbooks NewTechNetwork open source PBL performance poetry Radiohead reading research review RSS scaffold Scalability school communication school data schools slam spirituality Standard English teaching thought of the week Twitter ubuntu ubuntu studio video web 2.0 web cams wikipedia wikispace
- Who goes to university? The changing profile of our students - theconversation.com/who-goes-to-un… #educ261 #MQEnglishTeachers 14 hours ago
- Coffee May Not Survive The Century: Global Warming May Wipe Out The Plant ... - The Inquisitr - inquisitr.com/2115904/coffee… 14 hours ago
- Northern California child prodigy gets three college degrees at age 11 - smh.com.au/world/northern… 2 days ago
- When Will Tech Get Smart Enough to Stop Being 'Men's Work'? - entrepreneur.com/article/245850… #gender 3 days ago
- Mothers coo to their children while fathers avoid baby talk - Daily Mail - dailymail.co.uk/health/article… 5 days ago